In the modern world, people have started to face a lot of health problems due to stressful lifestyles and unhealthy eating habits. It is the main reason why the number of heart patients has increased rapidly and numerous people are about to add to this list. If you are also suffering from mitral stenosis and seeking treatment then you should know the fact that its treatment may vary from patient to patient. It completely depends on your health and the severity of your problem. Here are treatment options that are used by medical professionals for treating mitral valve stenosis and these are:-
- Lifesaving medications- If you are struggling with such health problems then it is sure that you will be prescribed medications for sure. It is suitable for all types of patients as it helps in eradicating symptoms in all cases. It is also helpful in reducing fatal results during surgery and that is why most doctors use different types of medications before opting for surgery to treat this issue. Here are a few types of medications that may be prescribed by doctors;
- Beta-blockers (for running your heart at the normal rate)
- Antiarrhythmics (For treating abnormal rhythms of your heart)
- Diuretics (to increase urine output and reduce fluid build-up)
- Blood thinners (To remove and reduce blood clots)
- Opting for surgery- There are many cases where the situation is serious so doctors opt for a quick surgery to repair the mitral valve stenosis to make it perfectly functional. If it is not possible then the doctor can opt for replacing your mitral valve with a new one which will be taken from a pig, cow, human or another suitable biological source. If it is not possible to get a biological one then doctors can also opt for the mechanical mitral valve.
- Balloon valvuloplasty- If your heart condition is moderate then it is possible that the doctor will perform valvuloplasty on your mitral balloon along with medications. It is only possible if your mitral valve has minimal damage and it doesn’t require heart surgery. In this procedure, the doctor will thread a catheter with a balloon that will be attached through a vein into your heart. If your case is severe then you may have to undergo this treatment many times.
Hence, if you are opting for an option that can help you in saving your life and living a normal routine then it is a must that you should opt for your doctor wisely that has great experience in treating mitral stenosis. You can take the help of the internet to find an ideal doctor that is ready to take your case on priority. So, start your search now!