Dental health is one of the essential aspects of leading an overall healthy life. Dental pain, cavities, gum infections, and oral injuries can cause a lot of inconvenience. In addition, poor oral health can affect your food habits which, in turn, would hurt your health. Even though people hate going to dentists, visiting them at least twice a year for regular examinations is an absolute necessity. With time and improvements in technologies, the dentist has witnessed several breakthroughs in dental practices, which have made treatments more comfortable for patients. In this article, we will have a look at some of the dental breakthroughs.
- Digital X-rays- Dental x-rays are essential tools for determining the underlying oral issues that routine evaluation cannot detect. Traditional x-ray was a time-consuming process, and it gave out a fair amount of radiation, which was harmful to the patients. With digital X-rays, dentists can instantly see the patient’s oral condition on the screen, and it gives out up to 90% less radiation than traditional x-rays.
- Invisalign- The Invisalign technology came as a relief for adults who wish to straighten their teeth. Traditional braces hamper facial aesthetics and impose a lot of restrictions on food habits. It is also tough to clean the teeth with braces on. Invisalign solved this problem. It is a series of removal and invisible trays, which means patients now can align their teeth without anyone noticing it. It is a removable dental tool, which means there will be no restrictions on eating your favourite food. It also makes maintaining your oral hygiene easier.
- Laser dentistry- It is fast and efficient dentistry that can be used for various treatments, like oral surgeries, cavity filling, teeth whitening, etc. The process helps in eliminating bacteria from your mouth and thus helps to avoid future complications related to your oral health.
- Intraoral camera- There are some hard-to-see places in a patient’s mouth, and it becomes difficult for the dentist to treat any complications occurring there. The intraoral cameras help in getting precise pictures of those oral areas. It also helps dentists during their assessment by sending them to live images of a particular oral area. The technology is a great addition to dentistry, as it allows dentists to understand specific needs.
- Zoom! Whitening- Teeth whitening is one of the most popular dental procedures that helps anyone to get pearly white teeth. The Zoom! Treatment is a state-of-art teeth whitening procedure that yields fast and great results. It can make teeth up to 8 times whiter.
These are some of the top additions in dentistry. Each technology has been developed to help patients get faster and more efficient results in a comfortable environment.